Friday, June 11, 2010

Natalie

“Why did you do that why did you do that? You fucked me up. You fucked me up!”
She tries to back up but he lurches his body forward trapping her against the front doors.
“You gave my card to that bitch? That whore? Why did you do that?”
“I’m sorry sir, I’m already in a lot of trouble if you would like too….”
“Sorry? You’re sorry? “ A globule of spit launches from his seething lips and adheres to her eye lashes. His swollen paunched face billows through her vision as he lumbers back and forth pierced by her magnified eyelash.
“I want to know what you’re going to do about it?”

Through the window she watches another one of her customers, seated for 4 hours at the long picnic table clutching steins of "banana beer," as the burst into random acts of chanting, "USA! USA! USA!" One of the boys is no leaning over his mug, his mouth slacked over the rim refilling the glass with slow jerks of his abdomen while the rest of his cronies giggle and cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment