Tuesday, July 20, 2010

whitehall station


"ew. Grape."

(pause)

She has a line of sweat beneath her bra line. A ring on every finger. She licks her lips, her teeth. Touching them with the tip of her manicured nails.

"Alot more people since they got rid of the W. Even at this time of night."

A sparkle in her eye. Licking her lips. A good hair product keeping her curls in ringlets.

"My lips taste like grape. My boyfriend was drinking grape juice. We were kissing. He lives in Staten Island. I live in queens. We had ice cream. Diner. Kissing in the park. He told me, 'I love you.' He asks to kiss me. Asks to hold me. Asks to touch me. Makes sure I'm ready. I just got out of a relationship. 9 years. He was abusive. Mentally. Physically. He's a gentleman. He kisses my hand. We were at a bookstore. And this guy says you make a really cute couple. He bought me the last Twilight. He knows I love them. Everything that has to do with Vampires. All the books. All the tv shows. We were in the park and he starts nibbling on my neck. Like this. And it drives me crazy. I'm like 'we're going to do it right now if you don't stop.' I have a rule. It's silly, I know. Three months. I need to be sure of my feelings you know.

We cant go to his house. Too small. A studio. Can't go to my house. My ex lives in the basement. We're married actually. I live upstairs with my parents. We can't kick him out. He has no where to go. My parents feel bad for him. I feel bad. I don't hate him. I haven't loved him for 9 months. We haven't had sex in a year.

You wanna see a picture? People say we look alike. What do you think? That's my dog. I got her. I had my head on his shoulder. He craddled my face. He touches my face. He lifts it like this and says, 'I love you.' I said, "ditto" He says, 'that's from Ghost.' I say, 'I know that's how I say i love you. Ditto.' I am happy. Here's me and my ex. Who do you think's cuter?

No comments:

Post a Comment